An 1870 map filed with the War Department, Washington D.C. as part of a damage claim by landowner Anthony Woodson. Shown is the December 1861 battle site of Rowlett's Station and the fortifications and burial sites from the Battle of Munfordville fought in September 1862. The Army road (R) crossing the pontoon (K) ends north of the river at Fort Willich (not shown). Reports indicate that the 32nd Indiana constructed the road and the more substantial pontoon bridge before leaving the area. Remains of the war still mark the terrain of Munfordville.
<< previous page next page >>